East African Packaging Industries Limited was registered in Kenya in 1959 and entered the market by setting up a factory in Mombasa for the manufacture of paper sacks. In 1967, EAPI took over Kenya Box Limited and established a corrugated carton factory in Nairobi’s industrial area. The company was listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange in the early seventies with 25% of the shares in the public domain. EAPI operates two separate divisions, the Paper Sacks Division (PSD) in Mombasa and the Corrugated Cartons Division (CCD) in Nairobi each with their own management. The managing director is based at CCD in Nairobi.
The company is engaged in the manufacture of corrugated cartons and paper sacks. Corrugated cartons are supplied to regional industry players principally involved in the flower export and tobacco export sectors. Paper sacks are supplied to the regional tea producing and blending companies for the export of tea, as well as to the regional cement industry.